76 companies that have intranets participated in the research in 2018. This is 25% more than last year. We are happy to see the growing number of participants every year.
The research consists of 17 criteria, including intranet goals, team, top-management support, intranet and digital workplace expenses, personalization, social networking, IT technologies, mobile version etc.
Briefly on key trends
- Focusing on user: Intranet’s usability and user-centered design is #1 priority for 69% of companies.
- The second priority is running the Digital workplace. 42% of companies are planning to implement Digital workplace during the next 1,5 years.
- ТOn the third place are Company’s business processes automation and New services development (39% of companies each).
- ТROI calculation is in the priority for 12% of companies. It’s 3 times higher than in 2017.
- Mobile version of Intranet moved down to the 5th place in the list of development priorities (31% of companies).
- 30% of companies already have mobile version of intranet and 40% are planning to implement. Thus, in the next 2 years around 70% of companies will have mobile version.
- The main barrier for mobile version implementation in Russia is Information security risks (54% of companies).
- Only 35% of companies use personalized content in intranets, 31% are planning.
- 3In the next 1,5 years 70% of companies will have personalized intranets.
- The 35% of companies use MS SharePoint 2013. The most popular IT solution for intranet in 2017 and in 2018 are products from Microsoft (different versions of MS SharePoint).
The second in the list is — company’s own developed platform (26%).
The third are products from 1C-Bitrix.
Intranet team: owners, co-owners, team size
- The main intranet owner is Internal Communication as in international practice (60% of companies).
In 50% of companies the key co-owner is IT department.
49% of companies have an intranet manager and 6% — usability specialist.
In 42% of companies intranet team consist of 2 to 5 employees. In 49% only 1 employee manages the whole intranet.
Companies with an intranet-manager are being awarded 2 times more often.
Survey results report (.pdf)
To learn more the full version of the Report is provided in the window below. The Report is also available for downloading.
Any use of this materials is only permitted with the reference to Rivelty.Intranet
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact Elena Bogdanova: email@example.com